Graeme Cree's Seastalker bugs page
- In all versions, you can GIVE things TO COMMANDER BLY while you're talking
to her on the videophone. You can even give her the microphone!
- In all versions, GET something FROM BLY says, "yourself isn't here!".
- In all versions, if you EXAMINE COMMANDER BLY while she's on the videophone
but you're not at lab center then you get, "(Which commander Bly do you mean,
Commander Bly or Commander Bly?)".
- In all versions, FIND ASSISTANT says, "[Foo!! This is a bug!!]".
- In all versions, GET IN something gives the wrong failure message. GET IN
MICROPHONE says, "You can't get the microphone now."
- You're not supposed to remove the microphone from lab center. If you try
to go away while holding it or order Tip or Sharon to do the same, the game stops
you. Nonetheless, there are a few ways to do it, which work in all versions. If you
have the microphone, you can GET IN SUB, or you can give it to Tip and tell him to
GET IN SUB. If Tip or Sharon is with you and you're not at lab center, then telling
them to GET MIKE makes them go and bring it back. If one of them has it, you can CALL
TIP or SHARON and they'll come with it. Finally, you can GIVE MIKE TO SHARON before
the phone dies, follow her and get it back.
- In all versions, when the phone dies, Sharon says she has to go back to her
office and leaves. If you give the microphone to Tip or Bly, then you can be in
Sharon's office with her when she says this and disappears.
- In all versions, you can say BYE BLY anywhere and get, "I hope to see
you soon, [your name]."
- In all versions, the Snark normally attacks in 250-500 turns, giving the
game a time limit. If you're not there yet, it's too late. But it doesn't happen
if the sub's joystick is pushed to the southeast. So if you GET IN SUB. FILL TANK.
PUSH JOYSTICK SE, then you have all the time in the world. You can WAIT 180 TURNS
at once, and after 32767 the number of moves becomes negative. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, you can GIVE ARM TO someone, and in all but the earliest
version (which doesn't understand the word "FOR") you can ASK person FOR ARM.
- In all versions, if you leave an object at north walkway in your research lab, you can GET it WITH CLAW when the sub is in the docking tank of the Aquadome. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, in contrast to the microphone in your lab, you can walk away carrying the Aquadome's microphone. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, if you turn on the videophone in the lab before you leave, but don't adjust the picture, the videophone at the Aquadome will still show the fuzzy image, and you can adjust it to speak to Bly--despite the fact that she's there with you. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, as long as you are carrying the universal tool, you can OPEN ACCESS PANEL WITH anything. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, if you are in the sub and it is not ascending or descending, LEVEL gives no output. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, WALK AROUND AQUADOME gives no output if you are in the male dorm, or if you are not in the Aquadome at all. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, if your Emergency Oxygen Gear is not visible, GET GEAR says, "(Which gear do you mean, the sonar, Bly's Emergency Oxygen Gear, the divers' Gear, or the other Gear?)". If you answer BLY'S, DIVERS', or OTHER, then you get, "You can't bly Bly's Emergency Oxygen Gear now.", with the first three letters of your answer instead of the verb.
- In all versions, if you're in the sub, but not yet at the Aquadome, FIND MICROPHONE says,
"(Which microphone do you mean, the microphone or the microphone?)" --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, FIND SNARK says, "It's attacking the Aquadome!", even
before you've been told about it.
- In all versions, if you're holding an object, BRING it TO ME says,
"yourself gives it to you. You're now holding the [object]." --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, if you EXAMINE LEFT or RIGHT at the lab, you're given
the description of a window at the Aquadome. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, when you're in the sub, GO THROUGH ENTRY HATCH says,
"Sorry, but the "entry hatch" must be somewhere else." --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, EXAMINE BED never makes sense. Before launching the sub, it's
interpreted as the workbench. Afterward, it's Horvak's locker. --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, GET OUT a takeable object you don't have says,
"You're not in that!" --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, PUT ME says, "(What do you want to put on?)", with an extra
space after "put". --Torbjörn Andersson
- In all versions, after you fill and open the test tank, PUT something IN TEST TANK says, "You can't open the test tank."
- In all versions, if you are at docking tank entrance when people start having trouble breathing, then every time you TURN ON OXYGEN GEAR (including turning it off and back on again), you get the message, "But you notice Zoe Bly collapsing, and you realize she has no Emergency Oxygen Gear!" --Torbjörn Andersson
<< Back to index
Page last updated
List maintainer: Nathan Simpson